Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)
A Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) is a local council grant to provide financial help for the cost of essential adaptation work to make a house suitable for a disabled person to live in.
The required adaptations need to be necessary and appropriate (as determined by Occupational Therapy staff) to meet the needs of a disabled person. The adaptation must also be reasonable and practicable (as determined by the Surveying staff) for the relevant works to be carried out.
- To apply, visit the Disabled Facilities Grants page.
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.
In this section:
- Benefit entitlements
- Direct Payments and Personal Budgets
- Personal Independence Payment
- Support for adults and carers
- Help with housing costs
- Help with health costs
- Support while looking for work
- Support for children and young people in education
- Further information