You may be entitled to a Carer’s Allowance to help you look after someone with substantial caring needs.
You don’t have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for.
- To check your eligibility and apply visit GOV.UK's Carer's Allowance page (external link)
Page Last Updated:
June 20, 2022
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required
In this section:
- Benefit entitlements
- Direct Payments and Personal Budgets
- Personal Independence Payment
- Support for adults and carers
- Help with housing costs
- Help with health costs
- Support while looking for work
- Support for children and young people in education
- Further information