Accessibility statement for Haringey Council
- How accessible this website is
- Feedback and contact information
- Technical information about the accessibility of this website
- What we’re doing to improve accessibility
- Preparation of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement applies to www.haringey.gov.uk and some of our e-forms based on https://eforms.secure.haringey.gov.uk. Other Haringey sites we link to will have their own accessibility statements.
This website is run by Haringey Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser functionality
- zoom in up to 400% without horizontal scrolling
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
- interact fully with the website using a screen reader (including the recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
The BBC has advice on making your device easier to use (external link) if you have a disability.
Most of the website should be accessible, however, we know some of the e-forms used on the website are not currently fully accessible.
Known issues with e-forms:
- Landmarks are not included to enable within page navigation for screenreaders.
- The text in the top navigation does not have sufficient contrast.
- Extra information next to form inputs are not associated with the inputs.
- Browser-based form auto-fillers may not work correctly as the inputs do not use the ‘autocomplete’ attribute.
We are also aware that some of the advertisements displayed on our website are not accessible. These are provided by third parties and outside of our control.
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please contact email@example.com
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (external link).
Haringey Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (external link) AA standard, due to the following ‘the non-compliances’ listed below.
Within the e-forms:
- 1.3.1 Info and Relationships: Extra information next to form inputs are not associated with the inputs in the e-forms.
- 1.3.5 Identify Input Purpose: Inputs which request user-information lack the autocomplete attribute in the e-forms.
These issues require an upgrade from the e-form supplier to be fixed. The estimated completion date for the work is currently December 2020.
Not all PDFs are created in an accessible way with clear structure, headings and links.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 (external link) if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We plan to identify and fix the issues with the e-forms according to the timescales shown above.
This statement was first prepared on 10 June 2020.
This statement was last updated on 10 June 2020.
This website was last tested on 10 May 2020 by Nomensa (external link).
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required