See our Local Offer News and SEND Local Offer Review and Action Plan pages for details of our plans to expand our special schools.


MoneyThere are different benefits and support that you might be entitled to if you are a young person with special educational needs or a disability.

These include personal budgets, Disabled Student's Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Disability Living Allowance, Carer’s Allowance, Disabled Facilities Grant and more.

Please see the links below for more information.



Personal Budgets

To give children and young people and their families more control over the services they receive and how they are organised.

Disabled Student’s Allowance

For young people studying or intending to study in higher education.

Access to Work

Funding to support young people and adults with learning difficulties or disabilities into employment.

Employment Support Allowance

For young people who have a disability and who are unable to work, or who are in need of support to enable them to work.

Personal Independence Payment

Help with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you’re aged 16 to 64 (replacing the Disability Living Allowance).

Disability Living Allowance

A tax-free benefit for disabled people who need help with mobility or care costs.

Carer’s Allowance

For anyone looking after someone with substantial caring needs.

Disabled Facilities Grant

A local council grant to provide financial help for the cost of essential adaptation work to make a house suitable for a disabled person to live in.

Page Last Updated:

8 October 2018

How can we improve this page?

Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.

* = response required

Use this space to tell us how the page could be improved. Please note if you want a response then you will also need to leave some contact details here.

Please note this form is not for general service requests or issues. It's quicker for you if those comments are sent directly to Customer Services.