Let us know what you think about the proposed changes to the SEND Home-School transport policy

Health Services

HealthHealth services in Haringey are arranged by the NHS through North Central London ​Clinical Commissioning Group (NCL CCG) (external link). The CCG is responsible for planning and commissioning hospital, community and mental health services (including learning disabilities) in the borough.

Below is a list of health services specifically available to children with special educational needs for which you can find out more information.


Haringey Child Development Centre (external link)

The Child Development Centre provides clinic appointments and ongoing treatment and support for children with developmental disorders.


Speech and Language Therapy

Support children’s speech, language, communication skills and feeding difficulties.


Physiotherapy Service

Work with the child or young people to improve movement and normal body function.


Children's Occupational Therapy Service

Work with the child or young people to improve sensory and fine motor skills.



Helping children with autism develop their social communication skills and language, and to help them adjust to the world around them.


Nursing services

Includes School Nursing, Children's Palliative Care, Children's Continuing Care and the Special Schools Therapies and Nursing Service.


Community Nutrition and Dietetic Service

Advice on feeding and diet for children with disabilities.


Health Development Checks

A combined developmental check for all children aged 2.


Personal Health Budgets

This budget is for children and young people up to 18 years old who are eligible for continuing care support.


Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service

Multi disciplinary teams providing psychiatry, psychology, child psychotherapy, speech and language therapy and family therapy.


Health Conditions

Information on specific health conditions for Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Hearing Impairment and Vision Impairment.


Social, emotional and mental health: THRIVE Framework

Supporting the social, emotional, mental health and wellbeing of children, young people and families.

Supporting children with medical needs in school

On 1 September 2014 a new duty came into force for governing bodies of schools to make arrangements to support pupils at school with medical conditions.

Health Service resources

Useful health-related resources for Parents and Carers.

The Mental Capacity Act, 2005 (Applicable for people 16 years old and over)

The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005, is designed to protect and empower people who may lack the mental capacity to make their own decisions about their care and treatment. It applies to people aged 16 and over.

Local Offer dental services

Specialist dental services are available for Haringey residents (for children, young people and adults) who have complex needs and are unable to be seen by a general dentist.

Page Last Updated:

June 10, 2022

Tell us what you think about this page

Tell us what you think of the Haringey Council website - and earn £25

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.