Performance/stage licences for school-age children
The rules governing children in entertainment covers children who take part in 'performances', including all broadcast performances, child photography or modelling.
Any child engaged in these occupations must have a licence issued by the Local Authority.
You can download an application form from the attached files at the bottom of this page.
Application for a licence must be signed by the parents/carers and accompanied by a photograph.
The council must be satisfied that arrangements for the supervision and protection of the child are adequate, and that the disruption to the child's education is kept to a minimum.
No licence is required under the following circumstances:
- no payment made to child and they have not taken part in performances in the previous 6 months on more than 3 days
- no payment made to child and performance arranged by school
- no payment made to child and performance exempted by Secretary of State eg Scout Gang Shows
See our licences table to determine whether your child will need a licence.
Apply online using the e-form below:
Apply by post
If you are unable to apply online, you can fill in the Child performance licence application form 2020 (PDF, 508KB) and send it to the address below.
- Is the child/young person below minimum school leaving age?
- Do they reside in Haringey?
- Is there a charge made for admission?
- Is it within licensed premises?
- Is it broadcast on TV?
- Is it intended for filming?
- Is the child/young person fit to take part?
- Education - consultation with Headteacher if in school time
- Is the activity safe?
The legislation which demands this licensing is as follows:
- The Children and Young Persons Acts 1933 and 1963
- The Children (performances) Regulations 1968
Education Welfare Services
River Park House
225 High Road
Tel: 020 8489 3477
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required