Apply for transport

Apply for SEN Transport and Travel Assistance

You do not have to reapply for transport each year. Only reapply if there has been a change in your circumstances.

The council can provide transport to support your child to attend a special school if you live outside the distance requirement, which is a walking distance of 2 miles from your home to the special school if your child is under 8 years or 3 miles if your child is 8 years old or over.

For a child with SEN or a disability, the nearest suitable school may well be farther away than for other pupils, and walking may not be an option.

In this case, the council provides a home to school transport service for pupils. For more information please see our SEND travel policies:


You can get in touch with our Passenger Transport Department via one of the following methods:

Address - write to:

  • Passenger Transport Service (PTS)
    London Borough of Haringey
    5th Floor, 48 Station Road
    N22 7TY


Phone 020 8489 5629

Important: if you have a general enquiry, please avoid calling at peak times, such as 7.45am-8.45am and 2.30pm-3.45pm.

If your query is urgent please do call and we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.

Back to top


Page Last Updated:

December 9, 2022

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)