What's on at Bruce Castle Museum
If Our Walls Could Talk - Guided Historical Tours of Bruce Castle
Please visit our new Bruce Castle Museum and Archive website for more information on tours of the museum and open house days.
A Tottenham Soundscape – an audio journey from the 1950s to 2015
The audio journey begins with a tour of the museum about to start. A group of young people break-away from the tour to explore on their own. Full of curiosity they come across an old wireless…
©Tottenham Audio Workshop 2015. Recorded in Tottenham 2014/2015 by Brian Despard, Annie Whyte and Shaikiya Hersi.
Listen to the Tottenham Soundscape (MP3, 16MB):
Transcript: Tottenham Soundscape (PDF, 136KB)
Voices: Bruno Vaz Pina. Nastacia Stewart. Dennis Stoian. Keith Gilles. And staff of Bruce Castle Museum.
The project was supported by Community First, managed by the Community Development Foundation with support and contributions from
- Cllr Sheila Peacock and the Executive Committee – Haringey Pensioners
- Sally Sturgeon and Berkeley Gardner – People’s World Carnival Band
- Montserrat Emerald United Club
- Mary Fisher and Moire Tirrell – Haringey Irish Pensioners and Haringey Irish Centre
- Chris Lane and the Tottenham Traders Partnership
- Matt Jarman – Dissidents Sound Industry (DSI) Studio Collective
- Sherry Nicholls, Shannon Lubega – students and staff and UK Unsigned
- Lawrence Hewitt