Brownfield Register

Local Planning Authorities must publish brownfield land registers which identify land suitable for residential and mixed-use developments.

A brownfield register is made up of at least one, and sometimes two parts:

  • Part 1 - all sites which are 'suitable', 'available', and 'achievable' for residential development which could be delivered within 15 years
  • Part 2 - any sites which are given 'permission in principle'. Inclusion on part 2 would grant permission in principle for residential development (the scale to be determined by the council) and the land owner/developer would have to apply for 'technical details consent' before any development could begin

There is no requirement to place any sites on Part 2 of the Register, and Haringey Council does not currently intend to produce a Part 2 Register.

Haringey’s brownfield register

The presence of a site on a brownfield register does not alter any current planning designation or pre-empt the plan-making process.

The Register was informed by adopted Site Allocations in the council's Local Plan and suitable planning permissions as of February 2021.

Back to top


Page last updated:

January 27, 2023

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)