View and comment on current applications
- View and comment on applications
- Map of current planning applications
- Find out about new planning applications in your area
- Personal searches
- Development Management Forums
- How to contact the Planning Service
- Copies of planning decision notices (request to view microfilms)
- Planning Obligations (Section 106) page
If you’d like to comment on or object to a planning application, visit our Comment on applications page to find out how.
Our online planning service allows you to:
- Access planning applications, current or past
- View drawings, photographs and documents accompanying a planning application
- Comment on applications
- View the officer reports for each decided application
- View decision notices, including any attached conditions or reasons for refusal
- View appeal decisions
Problems viewing attachments
If you are experiencing problems viewing attachments from this site it may be because your Internet browser has a pop-up/pop-under blocker enabled. Please refer to your Internet browser settings; you may need to temporarily allow pop-ups. Attachments open as a pdf document in a separate window.
Our Map of current planning applications page allows you to locate current planning applications on a map. These are applications that have not yet been decided.
Use the address search, or the map drag and zoom controls to find the area you are interested in.
If you would like to be informed of new planning applications that have been submitted to Haringey, you can register for Planning Application Alerts. The system will send you a notification for every new planning application received within 1km of the address you have given us.
You can also register to receive a list of all applications submitted in ward order. To register your interest please contact the Development Management Support Team in any of the following ways:
River Park House
- Contact planning service online
- Tel 020 8489 1478
If you want planning history and policy information on a property, you can now save yourself a trip to the planning office (and the £26 fee).
To view the planning history for a site, use the view planning applications facility. To find out whether the property is affected by any planning policies by way of its location, please see our Planning Policy pages.
Development Management Forums are used to facilitate the discussion of large-scale or contentious pre-application proposals and planning applications.
Their purpose is to allow participants to raise issues of concern and get answers to questions about the particular proposal from the applicants. The aim is to allow early discussion by Councillors and members of the public on planning issues related to these proposals. No formal decisions on proposals are taken at these meetings.
Upcoming Development Management Forums:
23 February 2023, 7.30pm
|Civic Centre, High Road, Wood Green N22 8ZW|
Details of Development Management Forum
The council believes that local people have a key role to play in shaping the quality of their environment and is committed to involving the community in planning proposals.
Its purpose is to allow participants to raise issues of concern and obtain answers to questions about the particular proposal. Wherever possible this will be prior to the submission of a formal planning application. The aim is to allow early discussion by Councillors and members of the public on planning issues related to these proposals and to explore the scope for amendments and agreement between all parties in a positive and constructive way prior to the later decision being made at the Planning Sub-Committee. Forum meetings occur mostly at the pre-application stage and occasionally once the application has been made but before the Planning Sub-Committee meeting. They do not remove the opportunity for objectors, supporters and applicants to submit representations once an application is submitted or address the Planning Sub-Committee when an application is to be determined.
What applications does the forum consider?
A forum meeting will be held when:
The Head of Development Management, in consultation with the Chair of the Planning Sub-Committee, considers that a forum would be beneficial in resolving issues on a particular development proposal. Proposals that may be considered by the forum include major developments and those of significant local interest. It is not possible to prescribe the exact type of proposals but they may include the following:
- Major developments are those which involve more than 10 residential units or over 1,000 sq m of floor space;
- Proposals that involve a major departure from planning policy.
Developments that will not be considered by the forum include:
- Minor developments, such as those to alter or extend houses or for less than 10 new residential units.
- Amendments to existing planning permissions or those which have already been the subject of forum discussions
Who can attend?
Meetings are open to local businesses and residents, and all elected Members,. Notification is through notices displayed around the site, the council’s website and notification direct to Councillors and recognised Community / Residents’ Groups.
Time and Location
Forum meetings are normally scheduled in the evening either at the Civic Centre or in suitable venues elsewhere in the borough.
Due to COVID-19 Restrictions, DM Forums are currently taking place ‘virtually’ using MS Teams. If you wish to attend a ‘virtual’ Forum you must email DMForum@haringey.gov.uk to receive a link to the meeting.
Questions can be raised using the chat, or the raise hand features of MS Teams and will be answered by the chair or applicant.
Format of the meeting
The format of the meeting is as follows:
- A senior planning officer chairs the forum. They ensure that all planning issues arising from the proposal are raised but that there is no discussion on the merits of the application.
- The applicant is invited to make a presentation of the proposal for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- All attendees have an opportunity to present their views and questions.
- The applicant and/or council officers will respond to questions.
- An attendance record is kept and a note of the meeting is made which is reported to the Planning Sub-Committee, together with any subsequent planning application, when it is submitted for decision.
- Normally one proposal is considered at each forum to allow for effective discussion. To assist the running of the meeting an agenda is prepared and a short briefing note on the proposal is available.
Forums are recorded and notes of the meeting are presented as part of any report to the Planning Sub-Committee.
- To attend a DM Forum please email DMForum@haringey.gov.uk
The information on this website has been provided by Haringey Council for information purposes only. The council is not responsible for any actions taken that are based on the content. Whilst every effort is made to achieve accuracy the authority cannot be responsible for guaranteeing it.
Planning application information, including plans and drawings, are protected by Section 47 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You may only download and/or print plans, drawings, documents and other material related to planning applications available on this site for non-commercial and consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without prior permission of the copyright owner.
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required