Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Examination
On 28 October 2013, Haringey Council submitted its draft Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule to the Planning Inspectorate for Examination. This was submitted under section 212 of the Planning Act 2008 and Regulation 19 of the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010.
On the 4 February 2014 the Council received the Inspector's Report (PDF, 179KB). Subject to 2 minor modifications, the view of the Examiner was that the Charging Schedule was sound. The Schedule was adopted on 21 July 2014. Please see the CIL Charging Schedule page to find out more about CIL and to view the document.
- Download the London Borough of Haringey's submission letter to the Inspector (PDF, 656KB)
The documents that were submitted for Examination, along with further information,are listed in the table below:
|Title||Produced By||Ref No.|
|The Draft CIL Charging Schedule (PDF, 130KB)||LBH||CILSD-01|
|Representations made under Regulation 17 of the CIL Regulation (PDF, 7MB)||N/A||CILSD-02|
|Regulation 19 Consultation report detailing the Draft Charging Schedule consultation (PDF, 289KB)||LBH||CILSD-03|
|Statement of modifications following consultation on the Draft Charging Schedule (PDF, 62KB)||LBH||CILSD-04|
|Updated Viability Study, April 2013 (PDF, 471KB)||BNP Paribas||CILSD-05|
|Updated Viability Study April 2013 Appendix 1 (PDF, 963)||BNP Paribas||CILSD-05A|
|Updated Viability Study April 2013 Appendix 2 (PDF, 67KB)||BNP Paribas||CILSD-05B|
Community Infrastructure Study - 2010 - see chapters below:
|Infrastructure Delivery Plan Update - April 2013 (PDF, 180KB)||LBH||CILSD-07|
|Annual Monitoring Report 2011/12 - March 2013 (PDF, 2MB)||LBH||CILSD-08|
|Haringey Local Plan: Strategic Policies DPD - March 2013||LBH||CILSD-09|
The submitted documents may also be inspected at all local libraries - see the Libraries page for opening times.
The documents may also be examined at the following council offices between 9am-5pm:
- 6th Floor
River Park House Road
- Civic Centre
The council appointed Mr Nigel Payne BSc (Hons) DIPTP MRTPI MCMI to conduct the Examination.
The Inspector decided that a one-day hearing was necessary as part of the CIL Examination. The hearing was held on 18 December 2013 at:
- Council Chambers
Programme for CIL hearing and Inspector’s Guidance Note
The programme for the CIL hearing, an associated guidance note prepared by the Inspector and the cover letter for these documents are available below. This bundle of documents was sent out to the parties that responded to the public consultation for the submission version of the draft charging schedule.
- The CIL Cover letter (PDF, 70KB)
- The CIL Examination Hearing Programme (PDF, 109KB)
- The Inspector’s Briefing Note (PDF, 109KB)
Response to Issues 1 and 2 contained in the Draft Hearings Programme
- Response by Savills on behalf of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club - Savills (PDF, 105KB)
- Council's response to Issues 1 and 2 (PDF, 140KB)
Inspector's queries and the council's response
The documents below contain the Inspector's comments and queries regarding the Haringey CIL Charging Schedule and the council's response to these queries.
- Inspector question concerning Code for Sustainable Homes (PDF, 24KB)
- Council response to Inspector question on Code for Sustainable Homes (PDF, 4KB)
Responses to the Consultation on Modifications to the Haringey CIL Draft Charging Schedule
The council undertook a consultation from 28 October to 26 November 2013, which sought representations on modifications made to the Draft CIL Charging Schedule. The representations received as part of this consultation are listed below:
- Bob Lindsay-Smith (PDF, 118KB)
- Claire McLean - Canal River Trust (PDF, 385KB)
- David Hammond - Natural England (PDF, 61KB)
- David Wilson - Savills on behalf of Thames Water Utilities Ltd (PDF, 69KB)
- Richard Serra - Savills on behalf of Tottenham Hotspur FC (PDF, 86KB)
- Rose Freeman - The Theatres Trust (PDF, 158KB)