Design Awards Entry Requirements
Entry requirements for all categories
Nominations can be made for any building or development in one or more of the above categories, provided it is within the Borough of Haringey and was completed after 1 January 2018. Proposals nearing completion can be considered provided they should have achieved Practical Completion or substantial occupation by 1 September 2021. However, if the proposals are likely to 'look better' following completion works that will not be done on time (such as landscaping) there will be some overlap with the next Haringey Design Awards, in 2 years’ time.
Generally, nominations will be judged on how the proposal achieves a high standard of design and contributes to the distinctive character and amenity of the local area. In particular, how the development met the Haringey Development Charter - see Development Management Policies (2017) (PDF, 11MB)
All proposals should:
- relate positively to neighbouring structures, new or old, to create a harmonious whole;
- make a positive contribution to a place, improving the character and quality of an area;
- confidently address feedback from local consultation;
- demonstrate that the quality of the development was secured when built; and
- have inclusive and incorporate sustainable design and construction principles:
Nominations must be made using the online nomination form, by post or by email. The nomination must contain:
- scheme name
- category(ies) entered
- address and postcode of the scheme entered
- information on the owner, developer, architect(s) (for design and, if different, implementation) and/or builder(s) (principal contractor)
- nominators name
- organisation (if applicable)
- address, telephone number and/or email address
In addition, the nomination should include a short description explaining why you feel this deserves an award, alongside any supporting documents and images (include at least one photo from a neighbouring street, which shows the development in context).
Nominations can be made by any Haringey resident and/or architect, developer, building contractor, other building industry professional or building owner/operator.
- Back to the Haringey Design Awards 2021 page