Blue Badge holders living in Haringey
Who is exempt
All Blue Badge holders living in Haringey can register a single motor vehicle for exemption. The exemption will apply when driving through most camera-enforced LTN filters in all 3 LTN areas (Bruce Grove West Green, St Ann’s, Bounds Green)
The vehicle does not need to be registered to the Blue Badge holder’s own address or owned or driven by them.
What the exemption covers
This exemption only covers:
- your exempt vehicle
- traffic filters that have an ‘except permit holders’ sign placed underneath the red circle (no motor vehicles) sign
The 'except permit holder' signs will have one of the following letter and number combinations:
- Bounds Green LTN will show: X1A, X1B or X1C
- St Ann’s LTN will show: X2
- Bruce Grove West Green LTN will show: X3A or X3B
If you live in Haringey and are granted an exemption under the new Blue Badge criteria, you will be able to drive through all of the above. When you receive an email from us confirming the exemption, please keep this safe for your future records.
How to apply
To get the exemption, you will need to apply using the form at the following link. We want to keep the process as easy as possible for you. If you need help completing the form please contact Customer Services on 020 8489 4787.
Please note that your exemption will not be valid until you receive a confirmation email or letter from us. Please do not drive through the filters before you receive confirmation as you will be fined.
Evidence you will need to provide
You will need to submit the following information when you apply:
- A valid Blue Badge number
- Proof of your address and vehicle ownership if your Blue Badge hasn’t been issued by Haringey Council. You will be able to upload these documents within the application form.
Proof of address
You must upload a copy of one of the documents listed below. The proof of address needs to be in your name and showing your current address is in the London Borough of Haringey:
- your current Council Tax bill
- a utility bill (electric, water, gas) dated within the last 3 months
- a bank statement dated within the last 3 months
Proof of vehicle ownership
You must provide proof that clearly shows:
- your name as the vehicle owner or sole user
- your address within the London Borough of Haringey
This can be ONE of the following:
- a vehicle log book (V5C) or Motability Hire Agreement
- a new keeper's slip (V5C/2) plus a car purchase document on company headed paper showing car details, that you paid in full, buyer name, seller name and date
- confirmation of your vehicle registration details plus a bill of sale on headed company paper
- a lease agreement
Who is not exempt
If you drive through a traffic filter with signage that DOES NOT have an "except permit holders" sign underneath the red circle sign, you will receive a penalty charge notice (fine).
The exemption is limited to a single vehicle per Blue Badge holder. Exemptions for additional vehicles would need to be sought via the individual circumstance exemption.
Similarly, non-Blue Badge holders who want access to drive or be driven through camera-enforced filters can apply for an exemption via the individual circumstance exemption.