Apply for or renew a business permit
What you need
You must upload or post the following:
- a business case on your business letterhead saying how using the vehicle is essential to the success of your business – this letter helps us decide whether to issue you a permit
- proof of business address – a piece of current printed business stationery showing the trading address and VAT registration number or company registration number
- proof of vehicle ownership – the log book (V5C) in the business name or, if the log book isn’t in the business name, a statement on company letterhead, signed by the company secretary, saying it’s used for your business
- Log in (external link) or set up an online parking account. If registering for a new account, select ‘Business’ as your ‘Customer Type’. If you already have an account with a different customer type, you must set up a new account for your business permit.
- Under ‘Permit applications available’ click ‘Apply’ next to ‘Business Permit - Borough Wide (All Zones)’, 'Business Permit - CPZ Specific' or ‘Utility permit’.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Enter vehicle details and click ‘Get cost’. A message will appear saying ‘Costing has been updated successfully - please proceed!’
- Enter the date you want the permit to start.
- Upload your documents or tick the ‘Will post’ box.
- You’ll see the cost of your permit.
- Pay for your permit.
Renew your permit
You’ll get an email 5 weeks before your permit ends telling you to renew your permit.
To renew your permit:
- Log in (external link) to your parking account.
- Under ‘Permits’ click the ‘Renew’ button to the right of your borough Wide (All Zones), business CPZ permit or utility permit.
- Enter your vehicle details and upload your documents as you did when you applied. Leave the date as it is. Your new permit will start when your current permit expires.
After applying or renewing
After applying for or renewing your permit, you’ll get an email letting you know we’re processing your application.
Processing your application takes up to 5 working days.
If your new application's approved, you can use your permit right away.
If your permit isn’t approved, we’ll let you know why and if we need more information.