Benefits information for landlords
- Who can claim Housing Benefit
- Universal Credit
- Tenant in financial difficulty
- Landlord Portal
- Contact us
- Useful links
Information on Universal Credit for landlords is available on GOV.UK (external link).
There’s also a quarterly Universal Credit landlord newsletter (external link).
If the amount of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit housing payment doesn’t cover the rent, the tenant must pay the difference. If your tenant is in financial hardship, they may be eligible for a Discretionary Housing Payment.
Our Landlord Portal is for landlords who receive payments on behalf of their tenant of:
- Housing Benefit
- Discretionary Housing Payments
How to access the Portal
You can only view information on the portal:
- about payments paid directly to you, not the tenant
- about payments made to you in the last 5 years
- if you have a landlord ID and receive direct payments from us
What you can do in the Portal
If you receive direct payments from us, you can use the Landlord Portal to:
- view, print and export details about your claims
- view, print and export details about your payments
- view, print and export details about weekly entitlements
- view overpayment and recovery rate amounts
- view and print online letters
- tell us about changes
- upload documents
Request access to the Landlord Portal
Once you request access, we’ll send you an activation email to finish your registration.
If you need to contact us before then use our enquiry e-form.
Use the Housing Benefit enquiry e-form to contact us:
- for Housing Benefit information you cannot get from the Landlord Portal
- to tell us about changes that affect Housing Benefit payments such as:
- a change in your bank details
- a change in your contact details
- to tell us your tenant has moved out
- to tell us your tenant is in arrears with their rent
- to tell us about eviction or repossession proceedings
- Council Tax enquiries
- Homes for Haringey enquiries (external link)
- Discretionary housing payments
- Local Housing Allowance
- Changes in circumstances
- Non-dependant deductions
- Universal Credit
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required