Hello from Emily Bolland

June 2022

Hello, I am the Designated medical officer (DMO) for SEND and I am a consultant paediatrician working in the Haringey Community Paediatric Medical Team. As the DMO I provide a link between the local authority and health services for children with Special Educational Needs and disabilities.

I specialise in neurodevelopmental difficulties in children, and I have worked in Haringey since 2014, where I have been the community paediatrician for many Haringey children with complex needs.

The Haringey community paediatric medical team is part of the child development team and has recently relocated to Tynemouth Road health centre with excellent facilities.

Children are referred to our team by other professionals such as GPs, Health Visitors, and schools. We work closely with other professionals such as physiotherapists and speech and language therapists, to provide multidisciplinary assessments for children. I am always impressed by the dedication and skills of the child development team who always put the child at the centre.

Dr Emily Bolland
Designated medical officer (DMO) for SEND

Page last updated:

June 1, 2023

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)