Make an Online Payment
- Please note payments cannot be made between 9.55pm - 10.20pm (see our full terms and conditions).
Important! To pay Commercial Rent invoices, please click on the Haringey Council Invoices link below.
You can pay for the following services online:
Applying for a permit or vouchers for the first time? You'll need to register first:
Council Tax and Business Rates payments
Council Tax - Direct Debit
The easiest way for you to pay your Council Tax is by Direct Debit:
- Housing Rent (enter the 15 digit rent account number - If your rent account number is less than 15 digits please add the required number of zeros to the beginning of the rent account number eg 123456789101 would be entered as 000123456789101)
- Haringey Council Invoices (all invoices beginning '18' - including Leasehold Service, Allotment and Community Care charges and '115 'for Commercial Rent invoices)
- Haringey Council Reminders and Final Demands
- Overpayment of Housing Benefit
- Applications for Planning, Building Control and Licensing and Regulations (Electronic License Management Applications) can also be submitted with a payment.
- Problems making a payment - solutions to known issues and contact details to tell us about problems
You can also contact Customer Services (Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm) should the Web service be unavailable.
Council tenants and leaseholders can now pay their rent and service charges over the phone by calling Customer Services on 020 8489 5611.
In addition you can also make payments at a large number of PayPoint outlets for Council Tax and Housing Rent using your allpay Payment Card, or Haringey Invoices (using the barcode on the invoice), further details can be found on the allpay page.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.