Healthy Schools Programme
The Haringey Healthy Schools Programme aims to improve the health and wellbeing of children and young people across the borough.
The scheme is sponsored by the Mayor of London as part of the London Healthy Schools Programme (external link), and contains four overarching topics:
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE), including Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
Schools participating in the Haringey Healthy Schools Programme can benefit from:
- Guidance and support to work towards the Bronze, Silver and Gold Healthy Schools awards
- Termly network meetings, to share good practice and meet other key professionals who contribute to the Healthy Schools programme. Download the Healthy Schools dates for your diary (PDF, 86KB) for the 2018/19 academic year
- Regular newsletters, packed with local information and up to date guidance - sign up for the newsletter (external link)
- Access to free or subsidised resources and support programmes, which are commissioned as part of the Healthy Schools Programme
Benefits for schools:
- Improved health and wellbeing outcomes for pupils, staff, parents/carers and the wider school community
- Promoting the health and wellbeing of pupils has the potential to improve their educational outcomes and their health and wellbeing outcomes
- Whole-school approach to improving health and wellbeing
- Evidence for OFSTED inspections on children's wellbeing
- Recognition of the school's achievement
For further information and advice, please contact the Borough Lead for the Haringey Healthy Schools Programme:
- Maria Schmidt - Public Health Commissioner for Children and Young People
- Email: email@example.com
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required