Children and Young People's Mental Health

Open Door

Are you aged 12 to 24 years and living in Haringey? Young people in Haringey have access to Open door, a free confidential, counselling and psychotherapy service. For more information go to Open Door website (external link), or call 020 8348 5947

Alternatively, you can talk to a professional you have confidence in such as your teacher, youth worker or GP, who would be able to refer you to the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services in Haringey

Back to top

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)

CAMHS are NHS services that assess and treat young people with emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties.

CAMHS support covers depression, problems with food, self-harm, abuse, violence or anger, bipolar, schizophrenia and anxiety, to name a few. For more information see the Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust CAMHS pages(external link).

Back to top


YoungMinds is committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.

If you need support, visit the the YoungMinds website (external link).

Back to top

MIND in Haringey

Are you a Young Carer or recently left care?

The Emotional Support Project (ESP) considers the hardship of having to care for a parent or guardian. The ESP can also help care leavers take the steps from being a teenager, to becoming a self-sufficient adult.  We can help you to overcome issues with anger, build your confidence and improve your self-esteem.

The Coping with Life Skills programme is fully prepared to support you; the program will give you the tools to develop personally through a new innovative cognitive behavioural model.

Contact us:

Back to top


Page Last Updated:

16 May 2018

How can we improve this page?

Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.

* = response required

Use this space to tell us how the page could be improved.

Please note this form is not for general service requests or issues. It's quicker for you if those comments are sent directly to Customer Services.