You can download application forms, approved documents and find links to information about Building Regulations below.
Also see the Approved Documents on the Building Regulations page for further guidance.
|Filename||File type and size|
|Building Regulations Form - Word version||Word, 63KB|
|Building Regulations Form - PDF version||PDF, 51KB|
|Application Form Guidance Notes||PDF, 196KB|
|Electrical Installation Form||Word, 63KB|
|Building Control Charges and Fees 2019 (PDF, 37KB)||PDF, 37KB|
|Building Control - Miscellaneous fees 2019 (PDF, 78KB)||PDF, 78KB|
|Building Control Fees - Guidance||PDF, 23KB|
|Reversion Notice form (Word, 155KB)||Word, 156KB|
|Form 7 Cancellation Notice (PDF, 580KB)||PDF, 580KB|
- The Party Wall etc Act 1996 - explanatory booklet (external link)
- Do I need a Building Regulations application? - LABC (external link)
- Homeowners guide to Building Regulations - LABC (external link)
- Getting started on your Building Project - LABC (external link)
- Information on Common projects - Planning Portal (external link)
- Garden walls - better to be safe - GOV.UK (external link)
- Chimney Breast Removal guidance and video - LABC (external link)
- Building Control Guidance - Planning Portal (external link)
- Interactive guide for common building projects - with advice on what permissions are needed (external link)
- Exempt buildings guidance - LABC (external link)
- Guidance on loft conversions in two storey properties - LABC (external link)
- Conservatory guidance - LABC (external link)
- .Why should I use someone in a Competent Person Scheme? - LABC (external link)
Building Regulations Policy Statement
The council is of the opinion that the Building Regulation function can only be effectively performed on the under-mentioned basis, allowing operation to be exercised by Building Control staff using their professional skill and judgment and subject to workload and staff availability.
A series of service standards have been produced for the Housing, Regeneration and Planning Directorate. The service standards aim to provide clear information to customers and Members about what to expect from us in the services we offer. These also aim to clarify what we cannot provide, and so reduce unrealistic expectations.
Building Control Enforcement Policy
The primary function of the Building Control service is to protect people’s health and safety in the built environment. This involves, among other things, enforcing the following legislation:
- The Building Act 1984 (as amended)
- The Building Regulations 2010 (as amended) and other allied legislation
- The London Building Acts (Amendment Act) 1939 (or superseding similar legislation)
- The Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975
- Fire Safety and Safety of Places of Sport Act 1987
- In so doing, we aim to enforce in an equitable, practical and consistent manner
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required