Important: bank holiday enforcement will be in force on Monday 27 August, but will not include areas that have event day controls where full event day restrictions will apply.
Important information regarding resident permit renewals: following the recent permit price changes (implemented on 3 April 2018), all residents renewing their permits have to re-apply as if they are a new applicant. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Parking and Traffic Enforcement
Our parking and traffic enforcement service plays an important role in improving the quality of life in the borough by creating safer, smarter streets and maintaining the flow of traffic.
We use Civil Enforcement Officers (previously known as Parking Attendants) and CCTV cameras to enforce parking and moving traffic contraventions.
Please use the following links to find out more:
- Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) - details of Haringey CPZs (resident only parking), including maps and enforcement times for each CPZ
- Tips on sensible parking – our advice on parking safely and responsibly in Haringey will help you avoid getting a Penalty Charge Notice
- CCTV Enforcement – we use CCTV cameras to enforce bus lanes, moving traffic contraventions and parking ‘hot spots’ that are difficult to enforce on-street. Find out exactly what we enforce and where our cameras are
- Dangerous and obstructive parking – find out what we can do about parking on pavements, dropped kerbs, and any other dangerous or obstructive parking
- Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) – if you have received a PCN, please do not ignore it - find out what to do next
- Bank Holiday parking – we provide free parking on bank holidays, but some restrictions remain enforceable. Find out more information here
- Parking and Traffic Code of Practice (PDF, 656KB) – our code of practice sets out the council’s parking and traffic enforcement policies and regulations
- Haringey Parking and Traffic enforcement annual report 2015/16 (PDF, 120KB) – our annual parking and Traffic enforcement report sets out the council's policies, activities and performance in 2015-2016
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required