CCTV, Freedom of Information and Data Protection
Our CCTV cameras are there to help prevent and detect crime, antisocial behaviour and disorder and to help enforce traffic and parking regulations. We will provide the CCTV images from them to the police if they are needed for the investigation or prosecution of a crime. We will not provide them to anyone else, unless they are entitled to them under the Data Protection Act.
- The Data Protection Act gives people the right to access personal information about themselves, which could include CCTV images showing them
- CCTV images may show several people and could be personal information about each person shown. We cannot allow someone to see CCTV images without the permission of all the other people shown in them. To do so could breach the Data Protection Act and/or the right to privacy under the Human Rights Act
- If we hold CCTV images showing a person, we may be able to provide that person with a copy of the images if they tell us the precise time, date and location and identify themselves by a photograph or description. Requests can be made using the form on the Data Protection page of this website. Please make sure that we receive your request for CCTV images within 28 days of the event as we usually delete them after that period
- We will allow people who have been issued a parking or traffic enforcement Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) to view any relevant CCTV images
- If - and only if - the PCN case is accepted by London Tribunals (external link) - formerly the Parking and Traffic Appeals Service - PATAS, we will provide them and the appellant with a copy of the images
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required
Find my nearest
Visit My Haringey to get information about your property and local area including council tax bands, parking zones, planning applications and much more