Computers @ Haringey Libraries
There are 180 public computers located in our libraries that you may use free of charge to surf the net, create documents and access your email. Computers can be booked directly by library card members and guests. For a small charge you can also print in black and white.
All Haringey Libraries are also free WiFi hotspots which enables users to bring in their own laptop and surf the internet free of charge.
Public computers are available on a first come first served basis. It is not possible to book them in advance.
- How to Book a Public Computer
- Wireless Internet (WiFi Hotspots)
- Free Beginners Computer Training (First Byte)
- Accessible Computers
- Acceptable Usage Policy
Many of our libraries offer a self-service booking system. You need your library membership card and PIN. You can book a one-hour session. If you need your PIN, please ask a member of staff. For guests, you will need to use the self service system or ask for a guest pass.
All Haringey Libraries are wireless (WiFi) hotspots to allow users to bring in their own laptop and surf the internet for free, using a fast and reliable wireless broadband. Please visit the WiFi Hotspots page for more information.
There are free weekly computer sessions for total beginners in all Haringey libraries. Please visit the First Byte Sessions page for more information.
We ask all Internet users to agree to our acceptable usage policy.
Acceptable Usage Policy for Haringey Libraries Computer Network
You are allowed to use this computer provided that your use is of an acceptable nature.
Acceptable Usage is defined as (but not limited to)
- Online retail
- School work, and
Non Acceptable Usage is defined as (but not limited to)
- An activity which violates copyright or software licence agreements.
- An activity, which changes, damages or destroys computer software, hardware or data belonging to Haringey Council.
- An activity, which seeks to gain, unauthorised access to internal or external information systems, for whatever purpose.
- Using the Internet for any illegal activity, or for the purpose of libel, slander or harassment.
- Sending, receiving or displaying text or graphics which may be reasonably construed to be obscene or offensive.
- Sending material which is intended or likely to cause annoyance or inconvenience to the recipient.
The term Computer is defined as the whole workstation (CPU, keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, headphones, CDs, disk drives, CD drives, etc).
The term Activity is defined at the discretion of the Systems Manager of Haringey Libraries, Archives and Museum Service.
If you break the terms in this Acceptable Usage Policy or use this computer for 'non acceptable usage' then you may be removed from the network without prior warning.
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required