Private Sector Leasing
We are responsible for supplying emergency and temporary accommodation for households applying as homeless under the Housing Act. These homes are owned privately and leased to the council.
If you have a self contained property in good and up to date condition, we can offer you:
a lease for two or three years
- guaranteed rent, even if the property is empty.
As part of the work we do, we:
- inspect your property and provide a valuation and negotiation of terms
- develop our current temporary accommodation schemes from which you can benefit
- carry out the financial administration of the schemes including lease rental payments
- develop large scale supply contracts from RSL and private partners, and monitor contracts
- develop and monitor emergency accommodation supply
- co-ordinate and promote services to assist and encourage owners of empty private properties to bring them into use.
We procure properties for the following temporary accommodation schemes:
- supplier Managed Private Sector Leasing - via contracted managing agents
- Housing Association Leasing - from approved RSL (Registered Social Landlords) partners.
For enquires regarding Private Sector Leasing, please contact the Contracts Team on 020 8489 4248 or one of our approved partners directly (see attached files section below).
For enquires regarding Private Sector Leasing Repairs, please contact the Repairs Contact Centre on 020 8489 5611.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required