Important changes to licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO): the Government has extended the Mandatory HMO Licensing Scheme to include more properties, starting from 1 October 2018. Find out what properties are now included.
Private Sector Leasing
We are responsible for supplying emergency and temporary accommodation for households applying as homeless under the Housing Act. These homes are owned privately and leased to the council.
If you have a self contained property in good and up to date condition, we can offer you:
a lease for two or three years
- guaranteed rent, even if the property is empty.
As part of the work we do, we:
- inspect your property and provide a valuation and negotiation of terms
- develop our current temporary accommodation schemes from which you can benefit
- carry out the financial administration of the schemes including lease rental payments
- develop large scale supply contracts from RSL and private partners, and monitor contracts
- develop and monitor emergency accommodation supply
- co-ordinate and promote services to assist and encourage owners of empty private properties to bring them into use.
We procure properties for the following temporary accommodation schemes:
- supplier Managed Private Sector Leasing - via contracted managing agents
- Housing Association Leasing - from approved RSL (Registered Social Landlords) partners.
For enquires regarding Private Sector Leasing, please contact the Contracts Team on 020 8489 4248 or one of our approved partners directly (see attached files section below).
For enquires regarding Private Sector Leasing Repairs, please contact the Repairs Contact Centre on 020 8489 5611.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required