Improvement Grants and Repairs
- If you are a council tenant please visit the Council housing pages to report a repair.
- To find out what help we can give to private sector housing residents visit the Private Rented Accommodation - Repairs page.
- Landlords should see the landlords repairing your property page.
Due to changes in how the government is financing private sector housing renewal we are currently reviewing our existing grants policy. We are unable to provide grants to Haringey residents to improve their homes during the review process.
Therefore at the present time the only grants available from the council are:
- Disabled Facilities Grants
- Please contact: Occupational Therapy - River Park House, 225 High Road, Wood Green, N22 8HQ, or telephone 020 8489 1400 for an initial assessment
There is, however, assistance available to householders from other agencies to improve their homes, particularly with regard to energy efficiency and home security.
- Those who rent from a Housing Association should contact their manager in the first instance
- Homes for Haringey tenants should contact their Tenancy Management Officer
The Energy Saving Trust provides a grant checker, whereby on entering a few basic details all the grants potentially available are listed. The grant checker can be found on the Energy Saving Trust website (external link).
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required