Improvement Grants and Repairs



Due to changes in how the government is financing private sector housing renewal we are currently reviewing our existing grants policy. We are unable to provide grants to Haringey residents to improve their homes during the review process.

Therefore at the present time the only grants available from the council are:

  • Disabled Facilities Grants
    • Please contact: Occupational Therapy - River Park House, 225 High Road, Wood Green, N22 8HQ, or telephone 020 8489 1400 for an initial assessment

There is, however, assistance available to householders from other agencies to improve their homes, particularly with regard to energy efficiency and home security.

  • Those who rent from a Housing Association should contact their manager in the first instance
  • Homes for Haringey tenants should contact their Tenancy Management Officer

The Energy Saving Trust provides a grant checker, whereby on entering a few basic details all the grants potentially available are listed. The grant checker can be found on the Energy Saving Trust website (external link).

Back to top


Page last updated:

May 31, 2022