Reducing CO2 Emissions
- Annual Carbon Report
- Reducing carbon emissions through planning applications
- Muswell Hill Low Carbon Zone
Haringey Council produces an Annual Carbon Report - the first of its kind to be produced by a local authority. The annual carbon report provides a transparent year on year account of progress made to reduce carbon emissions from the council's operations and Haringey as a whole.
From 2012, the report will include annual carbon budgets, enabling the council to understand and account for its carbon emissions, in much the same way as public money is managed through financial budgets.
- Ninth Annual Carbon Report (PDF, 4MB)
- Eighth Annual Carbon Report (PDF, 7.6MB)
- Seventh Annual Carbon Report (PDF, 3MB)
- Sixth Annual Carbon Report (PDF, 8MB)
- Fifth Annual Carbon Report (PDF, 4MB)
- Fourth Annual Carbon Report (PDF, 5MB)
- Third Annual Carbon Report (PDF, 2MB)
- Second Annual Carbon Report (PDF, 3MB)
- First Annual Carbon Report (PDF, 1MB)
Haringey and four other London Boroughs jointly commissioned LETI to provide evidence on the potential to achieve greater carbon reductions on site through new development. The report, finalised in May 2020, addresses three main issues:
- Ability to achieve the zero-carbon target on site for a range of development typologies
- Appropriateness of the current carbon offsetting approach
- How the carbon offsetting price can incentivise greater carbon reductions on site
The report will form part of the evidence base for the council’s New Local Plan. The Council is currently considering how we can implement the report’s recommendations in Haringey and will seek feedback from stakeholders as part of engagement on the New Local Plan. Updates on how the New Local Plan is being progressed can be found on the Planning Policy webpages.
The Muswell Hill Low Carbon Zone project was designed to test how carbon emission could be reduced in an area by 20% in just three years.
- Find out more about the Low Carbon Zone.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required