Housing Emergencies

Emergency numbers for tenants.


An emergency is something which puts a person or property at risk, for example:

  • Burst pipes or major water leaks
  • Leaking waste pipe from a sink or toilet
  • Total loss of heating or hot water
  • Toilet which cannot be used (where there is  only one)
  • No electricity or lighting in the property
  • No lighting in communal areas
  • Flooding drains
  • Dangerous structure
  • Lift breakdown
  • Broken or missing man hole cover
  • Broken glazing which presents a hazard

If you are a council tenant and wish to report an emergency repair you can contact Housing Services on 020 8489 5611.


In the event of a fire call 999.

For power cut emergencies

UK Power Networks – Tel: 0800 316 3105
From mobiles dial: 0333 323 2105
UK Power Networks website (external link)

If you smell gas or suspect a carbon monoxide emission

National Grid – Tel: 0800 111 999
National Grid website (external link)

To report a burst water pipe or leak outside your home

Thames Water – Tel: 0800 316 9800
Thames Water website (external link)