Accessibility statement for My Account
This accessibility statement applies to My Account (not the main website - we have a separate accessibility statement for www.haringey.gov.uk here). Other Haringey sites we link to will have their own accessibility statements.
- How accessible this website is
- Feedback and contact information
- Technical information about this website’s accessibility
- What we’re doing to improve accessibility
- Preparation of this accessibility statement
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser functionality
- zoom in up to 400% without horizontal scrolling
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
The BBC has advice on making your device easier to use (external link) if you have a disability.
Most of the website should be accessible, however there are some known issues with use of icons, error notifications, labels for file uploads, grouping of navigation buttons and autocomplete value - see full non-compliance list below.
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (external link).
Haringey Council is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (external link) AA standard, due to the following ‘the non-compliances’ listed below.
We are aware of the following issues:
- Errors are not clearly identified to screen reader users and error messages are not associated with their corresponding input fields. Where there is an error the focus is not moved to where the error exists on the form. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criteria 1.3.2 (Meaningful Sequence) and 3.3.1 (Error Identification).
- The additional information icon used on some forms is not keyboard accessible. Also, the name, role and state of the icon is not communicated to screen reader users. The icon also fails in terms of colour contrast. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criteria 1.4.1 (Use of Colour), 2.1.1 (Keyboard), 4.1.2 (Name, role, value) and 1.4.11 (Non-Text Contrast).
- Colour alone is used to identify parts of forms that contain errors. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criteria 1.4.1 (Use of Colour).
- Label not associated with file input (for file uploads). This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and Relationships).
- Lists have not been used to group navigation (previous/next) buttons. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and Relationships).
- Missing autocomplete values on login form. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.5 (Identify Input Purpose).
- Some pages are missing a main landmark. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and Relationships).
- Login labels are not persistently visible. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 3.3.2 (Labels or instructions).
We have made the supplier aware of these issues and will address them over the coming months - estimated completion date December 2020.
The My Account system does not contain any PDFs or other documents.
We plan to identify and fix the issues with the e-forms according to the timescales shown above.
This statement was first prepared on 12 August 2020.
This statement was last updated on 18 August 2020.
Login, main page, registration and a sample e-form were tested on 4 August 2020 by Nomensa (external link). Subsequent fixes have not been re-tested.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required