Food banks and food support in Haringey
- The Haringey Community Food Network
- What is a food bank?
- How to use a food bank
- Map of food banks
- How to support food banks
- Haringey, Here to Help – help and support including benefits and financial help, employment, housing and mental health.
- Haringey Support Fund – a scheme that can help with the costs of basic living needs such as food, and gas and electricity reconnection.
The Haringey Community Food Network (HCFN)
Everyone in Haringey should have easy access to affordable, healthy, equitable and culturally appropriate food.
The Haringey Community Food Network (HCFN) is a network of food growers, suppliers, emergency food providers, food banks, community kitchens, food delivery services, homeless outreach projects and food support organisations across Haringey. They provide emergency food to local people in need of support.
To find out more about HCFN and the services offered please visit their website (external link).
What is a food bank?
A food bank could give you emergency food and support if you’re in crisis.
Basic food and essential items like toilet roll and soap are provided.
How to use a food bank
You can drop-in to a food bank during opening hours.
You can also contact the group directly – group details are included on the map.
Food bank vouchers
You may need food bank vouchers to access some groups.
For these groups, you will need a referral from:
- a social worker
- a children’s centre
- your GP
- a charity like the Haringey Citizen’s Advice Bureau (external link)
For more information see using a food bank - Citizens Advice (external link).
- most groups have extremely limited delivery capacity or none at all
- groups are continuing to offer contact-free collections
- residents should contact their local group in advance to discuss their needs
Map of food banks in Haringey
It’s a good idea to call an organisation first to make sure the opening times haven't changed.
This is a signposting service. We do not endorse any organisations on this map.
Map of Haringey food banks(external link)
How to support food banks
With more demand for food banks, donations from the public are much needed.
You can help by:
- giving directly to your local food bank
- leaving donations in your supermarket’s collection point
Please donate non-perishable groceries like:
- tinned foods
- UHT milk
See more information see how to support food banks - London.gov.uk (external link).
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required