Information for childcare providers
- Funding Information
- Early Years Census
All Ofsted registered childcare providers can deliver Early Years Free Entitlement places for 3 and 4-year-olds and some 2-year-olds.
Information around payment dates in the correct terms for new admission start dates (EYFE Term Start Date Ready Reckoner) is also below:
The forms below are to be completed by newly registered childcare providers:
- PVI New Provider Form (Word, 59KB)
- Childminder URN form (Word, 163KB)
- New Childminder Form (Word, 133KB)
Below you will find further useful information, guidance notes and templates:
- Childcare Sufficiency Guidance March 2022 (PDF, 317KB)
- Expression of Interest Form (PDF, 57KB)
- Provider bank details form (PDF, 173KB)
- Parental Agreement Form (PDF, 135KB)
- Sources of Income for Early Years Providers (external link)
- Additional Funding - A Guide for Childcare Providers April 2023 (PDF, 55KB)
- Free for 2s - FAQs for Funded Haringey Childcare Providers (PDF, 243KB)
- 30hrs Free Childcare and Foster Carers - FAQs for Childcare Providers (PDF, 172KB)
- Guide to inclusive childcare for childcare providers (PDF, 1MB)
- Supporting SEND in the Early Years (PDF, 531KB)
- Key Dates - Payments Headcount Schedule - September 2023 to August 2024 (PDF, 198KB)
- Completing your Information on Synergy February 2022(PDF, 2MB)
- Early Years Entitlements - Operation Guide: available on GOV.UK (external link)
- Tax-Free Childcare - A Comprehensive Guide for Childcare Providers (PDF, 563KB)
- Tax-Free Childcare - Myth Busting Factsheet (PDF, 324KB)
- Which Childcare Benefits can be used together? (PDF, 2MB)
From time to time, registered childcare providers may want to update their detail: like the description of their business, the number of vacancies, a change of address or manager, etc.
Change of address, telephone and management details
Providers must inform Ofsted in the first instance, The local authority receives a regular download from OFSTED, which updates the information on our website. This includes your contact information.
Change of other details
After you have updated the information held, you can log in to our site to update additional information, including the number of vacancies, costs and your service description. Instructions on how to update these are contained in the document below:
All early education and childcare providers must complete the annual Early Years census return, with the exception of academies (who submit their school census, including nursery children, directly to the DfE).
Providers are expected to cooperate fully with the completion of this census, as failure to do so will impact the Early Years Free Entitlement Funding. Any provider failing to comply may be removed from the directory of providers and may lose the right to funding.
The next census is due on Thursday 18 January 2024. The census information must relate to the number of staff and children registered at each provider during census week – beginning 15 January 2024.
Workshops and detailed guidance on completing the census return will be issued to providers at the beginning of January 2024. Providers can find out more about the annual Early Years Census on the DfE website (external link).
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.