- Find your nearest centre
- Haringey’s Recycling Centre
- Alternatives to Recycling Centres
Haringey's Recycling Centre in Wood Green is located on Western Road, N22 6UG.
- Monday to Sunday, 8.45am to 4.15pm
- The centre is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday
© Crown copyright. All rights reserved LBH (100019199), 2020
- Height restriction: there is a height restriction for vehicles entering the centre of 1.8m (6 feet)
- Vans: if you're bringing your residential waste to the site in a van you will need to book via the London Energy - Reuse and Recycling Centre vehicle booking website (external link)
- Businesses: businesses are not permitted to use the centre and should visit our Commercial Waste page for further information
The list below shows the items that can be taken to the Wood Green centre.
- Car batteries
- Cooking oil
- Drinks cartons
- DVDs, CDs and tapes
- Electrical items
- Energy-saving lightbulbs
- Fluorescent tubes
- Food tins and drinks cans
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste
- Glass bottles and jars
- Household batteries
- Mobile phones
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Soil and rubble - up to six standard sacks of soil and six standard sacks of rubble each month, per household. A standard rubble sack is approximately 50cm by 75cm.
- Telephone directories
- Textiles and shoes
- Used engine oil
- Unwanted spectacles
- Wood and timber
What you can’t take
- Asbestos, solvents and pesticides - call the Corporation of London on 020 7606 3030 to arrange collection.
- Gas cylinders and car tyres cannot be accepted at the Recycling Centre
- Japanese Knotweed – see the Japanese Knotweed page for information on free collections. You must not put this in garden waste bins.
If your items would be of use to someone else you can give them away. See our Furniture reuse page for more info.
See our tips on reducing your waste.