Get Active London
The Get Active London activity finder is a directory of all sport and physical activity clubs, activities and facilities in Haringey.
- Visit the activity finder page
You can also contact us to find out where you can Get Active and keep fit:
- Tel 020 8489 5712
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you involved in a sports club or activity we don't know about? Visit the activity finder page and follow the instructions on how to add your sports club.
There are a number of club forums in Haringey for anyone involved with sport - clubs, coaches, volunteers. To find out when the next Forum for your sport is on contact us:
- Tennis Forum - Tel: 07890 616 191; or email: email@example.com
- Football Forum - Tel: 020 8489 5712 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Netball Forum - Tel: 07872 407 213 or email: email@example.com
- Dance Forum - Tel: 020 8489 5623 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a football club?
- The FA tool kit (external link) can help you find the right football team for any age, gender or ability
- See the main tennis club page for more information on coaching programmes
Free Access for National Sports people
The FANS scheme is open to elite sports people of all ages who currently compete or perform at a national level in any sport recognised by Sport England.
To be eligible for the scheme you must be:
- a resident for the majority of the year in Haringey (full time students whose parents/guardians reside in Haringey are eligible), and
- a current member of a national team or squad in a sport recognised by Sport England*, and/or
- currently listed in the top 10 of any national age group ranking in a sport recognised by Sport England*
*Supporting evidence or confirmation of a sport person’s current involvement at a national level will be required from the appropriate National Governing Body of sport. (eg a letter from your NGB inviting you to a national/international competition, results, ranking verification).
- See the FANS application form (PDF, 155KB) for more information about the scheme, including how to join
Become a quality accredited sports club by gaining Clubmark
Clubmark is a highly regarded national cross-sports quality accreditation scheme for clubs with junior sections. It is built around a set of core criteria which ensure that accredited clubs operate to a set of consistent, accepted and adopted minimum operating standards.
As a single, national standard, Clubmark gives sports clubs of all types structure and direction. Clubs who have been awarded Clubmark have seen many tangible benefits, such as:
- Increased membership
- Retained membership
- Continuous improvement
- Priority access to funding
- Priority access to facilities
- Developed coaches
- Increase in volunteers
- Raised profile
- Marketing and communication help
- Club development.
Increasingly, schools are looking for guarantees of quality and the presence of child-friendly systems and procedures. Clubmark clubs are normally the first invited to work with local schools and schools are being encouraged to signpost pupils to Clubmark clubs.
Not forgetting the most important reason of all - the positive impact Clubmark has on the way in which clubs think about and provide for young people!
Visit the Clubmark website in the external links section which provides an all-inclusive bank of relevant, up to date information and club databases as well as news and examples of best practice.
Your National Governing Body for sport will have an officer designated to helping clubs through the Clubmark process. Contact your officer for more details.
FA Charter Standard
The FA have their own quality accreditation called Charter Standard, football clubs can find out more by contacting their county FA officer for more information or to request a Charter Standard pack and application form please contact:
Charter Standard Clubs
The Football Association
25 Soho Square
Tel: 020 7745 4545
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.