It is free to join Haringey libraries. Visit the How to Join page.
What's On at Wood Green Central Library
For information about events and activities for adults and children visit our What's On.
The following councillors hold regular surgeries at the library (click the links for details):
|Back to Top
Inside the Library
Wood Green is Haringey's Central Library and is officially one of the top 10 busiest libraries in England, with more than 65,000 visitors every month. We are also the Wood Green Learning Centre for adult learning.
- Level access and automatic doors to aid wheelchair users and those with pushchairs.
- 62 computers with free internet access (including an accessible PC for visually impaired users)
- Toilet facilities
Services and facilities include:
- A large collection of books, newspapers, Blue-Ray discs, DVDs, CDs including material in different languages.
- Self-Issue and Return machines
- Quiet study area for 80 users
- Dedicated areas for teenagers in the 1319 Teenage Library (with a Connexions centre)
- The Business Lounge for small enterprises.
- Carers Hub
- Room Hire and Gallery to showcase works by local artists
by artist Gitl Braun
This thousand fold magnification of an art restorer’s palette is permanently on display, seen from the Ground Floor.
For futher information on Gilt Braun, see the external links section towards the bottom of this page.
|Back to Top
How to get there and Location
Nearest Tube Wood Green
Buses 29, 67, 121, 123, 141, 144, 184, 221, 230, 232, 243, 329, W3, W4