Haringey Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB)
See the Safeguarding Adults page to report abuse.
- Safeguarding Adults Board
- Safeguarding Adults Board Minutes of Meeting
- Safeguarding Adults Subgroups
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report
- Haringey Safeguarding Adults Board Strategic Plan 2019-20
- Multi-Agency Pan-London Policy and Procedures
The Haringey Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) has overall responsibility for co-coordinating safeguarding adult matters and ensuring that partner agencies carry out safeguarding adults work. Health agencies, the Police, the Fire Service, service user groups and the probation service are all represented on the SAB.
- Download the Haringey SAB 10 July 2018 Minutes (PDF, 166KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 24 April 2018 Minutes (PDF, 106KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 30 January 2018 Minutes (PDF, 107KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 31 October 2017 Minutes (PDF, 105KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 3 July 2017 Minutes (PDF, 103KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 24 April 2017 Minutes (PDF, 203KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 30 January 2017 Minutes (PDF, 162KB)
The SAB has four sub-groups which support the development of specific areas in preventing and responding to the abuse of adults at risk. In addition there may be occasions the SAB will establish specific, time-limited task and finish groups to report on particular topics according to the work required.
The four subgroups are:
- Safeguarding Adults Prevention and Learning Subgroup
Oversee the delivery of the Haringey Safeguarding Adults Prevention Strategy 2017-2020, and development and coordination of multi-agency safeguarding adults training provision
- Multi Agency SAB Quality Assurance Subgroup
- Coordinate and support the development of safeguarding adults work in Haringey with particular emphasis on developing best practice in safeguarding adults work and learning from experience. The group's Quality Assurance Framework will act as the mechanism by which the SAB will hold local agencies to account for their safeguarding work, including prevention and early intervention.
- Safeguarding Adults Reviews Subgroup: to consider referrals of any case which may meet the statutory criteria and to make decisions on this basis; to make arrangements for and to oversee all SAR's; to ensure recommendations are made, messages are disseminated and that lessons are learned.
- Chairs Executive Subgroup: to oversee the Board's business and to progress and coordinate the work of the subgroups.
Download the Subgroups Terms of Reference:
- Haringey Safeguarding Adults Prevention and Training Terms of Reference 2017/18 (PDF, 34KB)
- Download the Haringey Multi Agency Safeguarding Quality Assurance Board Terms of Reference 2015/16 (PDF, 68KB)
- Haringey Multi-Agency SAB Safeguarding Adult Review Subgroup Terms of Reference June 2017 (PDF, 56KB)
Our annual report provides details of the work of the Haringey Safeguarding Adults Board throughout the year. The report describes national initiatives on adult safeguarding as well as the work that has been undertaken locally to protect adults at risk in Haringey. The purpose of the report is to share information on our achievements and future plans with our partners, service users and other Haringey residents. We are very proud of our achievements and we are committed to continuing our work to deliver excellent adult safeguarding services in Haringey.
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2018-2019 (PDF, 1MB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2017-2018 (PDF, 926KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2016-2017 (PDF, 433KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2015-2016 (PDF, 639KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2014-2015 (PDF, 1MB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2013-2014 (PDF, 393KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2012-2013 (PDF, 972KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2011-2012 (PDF, 605KB)
This document sets out the Board’s Strategic Plan. All SAB's are required to publish a strategic plan that covers each financial year. Effectiveness is improved by creating a ‘rolling plan’ setting out the strategy for at least the next three years that is reviewed and revised annually. The Board is currently reviewing priorities for 2020/21 and will publish them here when finalised.
Haringey SAB has adopted the Pan-London Safeguarding Adults policy and Procedure.
The London multi-agency adult safeguarding policy and procedures are built on strong multi-agency partnerships working together with adults to prevent abuse and neglect where possible and provide a consistent approach when responding to safeguarding concerns. This entails joint accountability for the management of risk, timely information sharing, co-operation and a collegiate approach that respects boundaries and confidentiality within legal frameworks.