Haringey Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB)
See the Safeguarding Adults page to report abuse.
- Safeguarding Adults Board
- Safeguarding Adults Board Minutes of Meeting
- Safeguarding Adults Subgroups
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report
- Haringey Safeguarding Adults Board Strategic Plan 2018-21
- Haringey Safeguarding Adults Board Local Procedures July 2016
The Haringey Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) has overall responsibility for co-coordinating safeguarding adult matters and ensuring that partner agencies carry out safeguarding adults work. Health agencies, the Police, the Fire Service, service user groups and the probation service are all represented on the SAB.
- Download the Haringey SAB 24 April 2018 Minutes (PDF, 106KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 30 January 2018 Minutes (PDF, 107KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 31 October 2017 Minutes (PDF, 105KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 3 July 2017 Minutes (PDF, 103KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 24 April 2017 Minutes (PDF, 203KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 30 January 2017 Minutes (PDF, 162KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 15 November 2016 Minutes (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 18 July 2016 Minutes (PDF, 194KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 25 April 2016 Minutes (PDF, 175KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 25 January 2016 Minutes (PDF, 259KB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 25 October 2015 Minutes (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 13 July 2015 Minutes (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 20 April 2015 minutes (PDF, 2MB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 12 January 2015 minutes (PDF 1.9MB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 13 October 2014 minutes (PDF 1.6MB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 14 July 2014 minutes (PDF 2MB)
- Download the Haringey SAB 7 April 2014 minutes (PDF 2MB)
The SAB has four sub-groups which support the development of specific areas in preventing and responding to the abuse of adults at risk. In addition there may be occasions the SAB will establish specific, time-limited task and finish groups to report on particular topics according to the work required.
The four subgroups are:
- Safeguarding Adults Prevention and Learning Subgroup
Oversee the delivery of the Haringey Safeguarding Adults Prevention Strategy 2017-2020, and development and coordination of multi-agency safeguarding adults training provision
- Multi Agency SAB Quality Assurance Subgroup
- Coordinate and support the development of safeguarding adults work in Haringey with particular emphasis on developing best practice in safeguarding adults work and learning from experience. The group's Quality Assurance Framework will act as the mechanism by which the SAB will hold local agencies to account for their safeguarding work, including prevention and early intervention.
- Safeguarding Adults Reviews Subgroup: to consider referrals of any case which may meet the statutory criteria and to make decisions on this basis; to make arrangements for and to oversee all SARs; to ensure recommendations are made, messages are disseminated and that lessons are learned.
- Chairs Executive Subgroup: to oversee the Board's business and to progress and coordinate the work of the subgroups.
Download the Subgroups Terms of Reference:
- Haringey Safeguarding Adults Prevention and Training Terms of Reference 2017/18 (PDF, 34KB)
- Download the Haringey Multi Agency Safeguarding Quality Assurance Board Terms of Reference 2015/16 (PDF, 68KB)
- Haringey Multi-Agency SAB Safeguarding Adult Review Subgroup Terms of Reference June 2017 (PDF, 56KB)
Our annual report provides details of the work of the Haringey Safeguarding Adults Board throughout the year. The report describes national initiatives on adult safeguarding as well as the work that has been undertaken locally to protect adults at risk in Haringey. The purpose of the report is to share information on our achievements and future plans with our partners, service users and other Haringey residents. We are very proud of our achievements and we are committed to continuing our work to deliver excellent adult safeguarding services in Haringey.
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2016-2017 (PDF, 433KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2015-2016 (PDF, 639KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2014-2015 (PDF, 1MB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2013-2014 (PDF, 393KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2012-2013 (PDF, 972KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2011-2012 (PDF, 605KB)
This document sets out the Board’s Strategic Plan. SABs are required to publish a strategic plan that covers each financial year. Effectiveness is improved by creating a ‘rolling plan’ setting out the strategy for at least the next three years that is reviewed and revised annually.
Haringey SAB has adopted the Pan London Multi-Aency Adult Safeguarding Policy and Procedures that was launched in February 2016. Since the earlier policy and procedures, progress has been made to improve practice, through learnt experience, feedback and translating policy and procedures so that there is a shared approach to adult safeguarding.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required