Winkfield Resource Centre - Services
- About the Centre
- Winkfield Resource Centre Drop-ins
- Contact details
The centre is currently closed, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are offering Art and Craft activities online using Microsoft Teams.
The Deaf Drop-in and the Stroke recovery group are continuing to operate online.
Our address is:
- Winkfield Road
N22 5RP - see Winkfield Resource Centre location on Google Maps (external link)
We usually offer a range of services and facilities including:
- A full range of activities and classes including Art, Craft, Ceramic, Mixed Media, Textiles, Collage, Pottery and a choir!
- Comfortable waiting and dining areas with Internet access
- A fully equipped new assessment centre for the Occupational Therapy Service to complete a thorough assessment of people needs
- An assessment and training centre for people with visual impairments as well as other support enabling residents with disabilities and/or sensory impairment to manage their disability, maintain their independence and take control of their lives
- A fully equipped training kitchen
- Bathing facility fully equipped with hoists
- A relaxing garden area with pond and seating; the perfect place for lunch in the spring and summer months
- The centre is available for hire and is used by a number of groups for meetings and/or activities. Meeting rooms are fully equipped with whiteboards, fixed wall flip charts and projectors. Two of the rooms are equipped with smart boards
- Tottenham Hotspur run weekly Chair based Exercises and Massage/Physiotherapy classes in the Centre through its Foundation programme
The centre offers a safe and secure environment, full disabled access, car parking, a "Changing Places" toilet, a facility that enables service users to have a bath, as well as hearing loop systems for meetings.
The address and contact details for the centre can be found in the contact details section below.
Different Strokes is a charity which supports working age stroke survivors. Different Strokes North London Group (external link) are offering online services. Click the link for details They normally have a session at Winkfield
Aims: Through active self-help and mutual support, our aim is to help stroke survivors of working age optimise their recovery, take control of their lives and regain as much independence as possible, including returning to work.
What we do: We provide services, on a self-organised, voluntary basis, which help enhance mobility, boost confidence and reduce the sense of isolation experienced by stroke survivors.
Please contact John Murray, Different Strokes, London North, 37 Landrock Road, London, N8 9HR.
- Tel: 020 8340 4359.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stroke Recovery Group is for stroke survivors to:
- socialise with others
- support each other
- practice skills by engaging in activities
We ask for a donation of £2 a week. This is to contribute to refreshments and activities.
For information call Harvinder Kaur - email: email@example.com | tel: 020 3074 2583
Winkfield Resource Centre
33 Winkfield Road
- Tel 020 8489 8200
- Fax 020 8489 8230
- Minicom 020 8365 7935
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required