Haringey Clinical Commissioning Group is conducting a Long Term Conditions survey which aims to give patients an opportunity to share their views on the different aspects of the care they receive. Find out more on the CCG website (external link).
Deaf and Hearing Support
We offer a 1-to-1 confidential support and advice service for adults who are Deaf or hard of hearing and live in the borough of Haringey.
Our Deaf service workers use British Sign Language (BSL) and are able to help with or advise on a variety of problems or issues.
For further information you can visit the weekly Deaf Drop-in on:
- Tuesdays at 12 noon-4pm: doors close at 3.30pm
- Fridays at 10am-2pm: doors close at 1.30pm
- Address - with disabled access:
Haringey Deaf Service
Winkfield Resource Centre
33 Winkfield Road
- Tel: 020 8489 2592 or 18002 020 8889 1239
- Fax: 020 8829 3032
- Minicom: 020 8365 7935/020 8829 9381
- Mobile/SMS: 07814 462 159 or 07980 316 714
Also, see the Winkfield Resource Centre page.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing and have difficulties hearing normal daily sounds; e.g. doorbell, telephone, TV and smoke alarm, etc you may request a hearing impairment assessment at home.
The Technical Officer will carry out an assessment and identify your needs. Appropriate advice, information and equipment/adaptation will be discussed based on the needs identified.
Is there a charge for services?
- There is no charge for assessment, information and advice.
- We can supply some equipment on loan for no charge, however supplies are limited
How do I get an assessment?
Referral can be made by anyone including yourself, a family member, friend or health care staff by contacting:
- Tel: 020 8489 1400
Opening Hours 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
- Email: Firstresponseteam@haringey.gov.uk
- Write to:
Integrated Access Team
London Borough of Haringey
2nd Floor River Park House
225 High Road
One of our dedicated team of Community Care Officers will be pleased to assist with your enquiry.