Support to manage your money
You can obtain support to help you manage and make the most of your money or if you have any worries or concerns.
You may qualify for support through Haringey’s Council Tax Reduction scheme if you live alone or are on a low income.
- For further information visit our Discounts, Exemptions and Reductions page.
- Visit our Your Money page to find out more about the organisations that can help you manage your money.
Pension Credit and local support
- Pension Credit (external link) is an additional benefit to help older people on a low income. Depending on the support you require, you may be eligible for additional financial support.
- Citizen’s Advice Haringey (external link) is available for advice and support. You can call 0300 330 1187 for more information.
- Connected Communities is a Haringey programme of help and support for residents. See how the team can help you.
Protecting you against financial abuse or coercion
Everyone has the right to financial independence. If your partner or someone else in your life like a family member, friend, or carer is controlling your money or running up debts in your name, whether or not it’s accompanied by aggression or physical violence, it’s financial abuse.
If you have concerns, please share these with someone you trust: a friend or relative, your GP, care worker or social worker. Remember that financial abuse can involve criminal activity and should be reported so that it can be stopped.
Help if someone is abusing you
If you are a woman and you are worried about violence or abuse from your partner, ex-partner or a member of your family, visit our Getting help for VAWG page for help and advice.
If you are worried about financial abuse or mistreatment by a carer or a member of your family, or anyone else, you can report the abuse to Social Services.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.