Going into hospital
Being admitted to hospital can be a frightening experience but medical staff are there to ensure that you are well looked after and that you get the treatment you need.
Read about going into hospital (external link) on the NHS website and their specific information on hospital admissions for people with a learning disability (external link).
The Age UK website (external link) also has some useful information about going into hospital.
Your benefit entitlements may change if you spend time in a hospital.
In most cases, your benefit entitlement will have to be reassessed to take account of your new circumstances. If you were not claiming benefits before you went into hospital, you may be entitled to if you do.
- To find out if the benefit you are claiming is affected by a stay in hospital or if there are any benefits that you may be entitled to, please see the Benefits and hospital page of the Turn2Us website (external link)
- If you are over 60 and an owner occupier or private tenant or leaseholder: for advice about your entitilement to benefits contact Home Sweet Home (external link) from Metropolitan Housing - telephone: 020 3535 4700
- If you are a Homes For Haringey Tenant: for advice about your entitilement to benefits contact the Housing Related Support team - telephone: 020 8489 3372
- For general Financial advice, see Financial Advice on Haricare
If you go into hospital or for a short stay in a residential or nursing home, you will need someone to look after your pet.
The most common option is to ask a family member, good neighbour or friend to help. If not, for cats and dogs, you can use a local kennel or cattery. You can find details of these by searching online.
- You could ask your local veterinary surgeon, see the Any UK vet website (external link) for a list of local vets
- See the Animal Health and Welfare page for more information
- Cinnamon Trust (external link) is the national charity for elderly and terminally ill people and their pets
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required