Help with housing

Options for those who may need extra care and support to stay in their home, or are thinking about residential care.

Help living in your own home

Includes advice on equipment and adaptations you can make and assistive technologies which will help you remain independent in your own home.

Supported living services

These schemes offer you a home and a support package in a range of accommodation types.

Residential care

Advice about choosing a nursing home or residential care home, including lists of homes and their Care Quality Commission rating.

Supported housing for older people

What to expect from sheltered or community good neighbour supported housing.

Community service listings

Visit Haricare - our directory of community services - for the following lists of services near you:

No Place Like Home guide

Download the No Place Like Home guide from the preparing for adulthood website (external link). This is a Housing and Support booklet to help people with Learning Disabilities find a housing choice right for them.

See also

See also our housing pages for more general housing advice

Page Last Updated:

March 7, 2023