Shopping and meals
If you, or someone you care for, are having difficulties preparing and cooking your own meals there are various options you could choose to make mealtimes easier.
Many supermarkets and food delivery services offer home delivery for foods bought online and you could choose ready meals including frozen meals, that can be heated in a microwave or a conventional oven as an alternative.
For advice on shopping and paying safely online, see the Money Advice Service (external link)
The following are some examples of supermarkets and companies who offer home deliveries:
- Ocado (external link)
- Morrison's (external link)
- Sainsbury’s (external link)
- Tesco (external link)
- Waitrose (external link)
These companies will deliver a week or more supply of frozen meals
- Oakhouse Foods (external link) - weekly delivery of frozen meals
- Wiltshire Farm Foods (external link) - weekly or fortnightly delivery of frozen meals
- Hermolis (external link) - Kosher meals. Delivery of a minimum of ten meals at a time. Prices and delivery costs on request. See Hermolis Menu (PDF, 142BB) Telephone 020 8810 4321, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blue Mountain Foods (external link) - Caribbean and West Indian meals. Minimum order 12 meals
Daily hot meals. British, Caribbean and Asian meals available. Meal plan £7 per meal
Susan James Meals
Cypriot Community Centre
Daily hot meal plus dessert delivered Monday to Friday. Cypriot-style food. Diabetic menu available. £6
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 8881 2329
Daily hot meal delivered Monday to Friday. Includes Caribbean/West Indian style food. £7
Some community centres will provide an inexpensive cooked meal as a service for people who have difficulty cooking for themselves, or would like an opportunity to go out to be with other people
Ask Sara can give you advice about equipment that may help you to prepare food and cook independently:
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required