Local Area Coordination
Local Area Coordination is a long term, integrated, evidence based approach to supporting people with disabilities, mental health needs, older people and their families/carers.
Rather than waiting for people to fall into crisis, assessing deficits, testing eligibility and fitting people into more expensive (and increasingly unaffordable) services, it works alongside people to:
- Build and pursue their personal vision for a good life
- Stay strong, safe and connected as contributing citizens
- Find practical, non-service solutions to problems wherever possible
- Build more welcoming, inclusive and supportive communities
Local Area Coordinators are a single, local point of contact, working with people of all ages with mental health conditions, physical disabilities, learning disabilities and older people.
Haringey Local Area Co-ordinators details
Northumberland Park/White Hart Lane
Contact Keesha Sinclair:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 07966 152 491
Contact Andrea Wershof:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07966 149 813
Your Local Area Coordinator's support is free; there are no assessments, referral process and no time limits - just meet up for a cuppa and a chat!
Find out more on the Local Area Coordination website (external link).