Healthy Child Programme
Haringey's Healthy Child Programme is a public health programme for children and families. It's designed to:
- support parents and promote children's development
- help parents keep children healthy and safe so they reach their full potential
- protect children from serious disease, through screening and vaccination
- reduce childhood obesity by promoting healthy eating and physical activity
- make sure that families, children and young people at risk are supported at the earliest possible opportunity
The programme is split into 2 age groups. Healthy Child: 0 to 5 is led by health visiting services, while Healthy Child: 5-19 is led by school nursing services.
Health visitors and school nurses are qualified nurses or midwives who have specialist training in public health.
Whittington Health NHS Trust (external link) delivers the 0-19 Healthy Child Programme on behalf of the council.
If you're a parent or carer, please choose the relevant link below to find out more.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required