Healthy Child Programme
Haringey's Healthy Child Programme is a public health programme for children and families. It's designed to:
- support parents and promote children's development
- help parents keep children healthy and safe so they reach their full potential
- protect children from serious disease, through screening and vaccination
- reduce childhood obesity by promoting healthy eating and physical activity
- make sure that families, children and young people at risk are supported at the earliest possible opportunity
The programme is split into 2 age groups. Healthy Child: 0 to 5 is led by health visiting services, while Healthy Child: 5-19 is led by school nursing services.
Health visitors and school nurses are qualified nurses or midwives who have specialist training in public health.
Whittington Health NHS Trust (external link) delivers the 0-19 Healthy Child Programme on behalf of the council.
If you're a parent or carer, please choose the relevant link below to find out more.
Support for children aged 0 to 5
Support for children aged 5 to 19
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required