Healthy Schools: COVID-19
COVID-19 has caused unique challenges for children and young people. Here, you can find resources to share with parents to help them cope with lockdowns, keep children busy, set a schedule and talk about the virus in an age-appropriate way.
These resources have been created by Haringey's Educational Psychology Service (EPS) and other partners.
Bereavement and the pandemic
COVID-19 might not be the reason why a family is bereaved, but whether a death was COVID-related or not, the current situation will affect how the family, child or young person can grieve:
- This 8-page guide from EPS offers advice on how to navigate the crisis and make sure needs are met:
- This 5-page EPS document can be used by all adults to know what language to use when talking about the pandemic:
- Information about how BAME communities have been affected by the crisis:
Education and COVID-19
- The EPS action plan offers detailed guidance on dealing with traumatic incidents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Free Anchor Approach training and supporting documents, created to support return to school after lockdown.
Returning to school
- This 45 minute recording from a session led by EPS also covers returning to school following lockdown:
- This 11-page document has been created by Haringey EPS to support recovery:
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required