COVID-19: Health adviceWhat to do if you feel unwell and how to look after yourself. See also our Local Outbreak Management Plan and the current COVID-19 figures in Haringey

Domestic Abuse and Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)

COVID-19 (coronavirus) service update

If you or someone you know is worried about Domestic Abuse, find out how you can access VAWG services during the coronavirus pandemic here.


Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)

Violence Against Women and Girls, which includes Domestic Abuse, is highly underreported but very common. Haringey Council has a zero tolerance approach to VAWG. We are committed to supporting survivors, holding perpetrators to account, and working with our local communities to ensure all Haringey residents can live a life free from violence.

Leave this page (external link)

Domestic Abuse helplines poster - click for larger version (PDF, 200KB)

Leave this page (external link)

If you or someone you know is worried about Domestic Abuse or any other type of VAWG, help is available.

  • If you are in immediate danger, you should always phone the police on 999
  • Otherwise, you can ring the Haringey Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0300 012 0213, available Monday to Friday 10am-5:30pm

More information:

For the latest VAWG updates, read and subscribe to our Haringey VAWG Newsletter.

Follow the links below for more information about what VAWG is, what Haringey is doing to end VAWG, and what support and resources are available for Haringey professionals and residents:

Back to top


Page Last Updated:

16 October 2020

Tell us what you think about this page

Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.

If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.