Making Every Contact Count (MECC) Training
A free and rewarding training opportunity
What is MECC?
Everyday in Haringey frontline workers from across the public and voluntary sector have many interactions with local people - MECC training is about learning how to use these engagements to:
- raise the issue of healthy lifestyles
- promote the benefits of healthy living
- signpost to further support
The main topics discussed at MECC training are: alcohol, healthy eating, healthy weight, physical activity, smoking cessation, sexual health and emotional health and wellbeing. These behaviours are most closely linked to the development of long term conditions and/or contribute to the life expectancy gap in the borough. By learning early intervention methods we can help people help Haringey residents, colleagues, friends and family make healthier lifestyle choices and live longer, healthier lives.
There is an e-learning MECC training programme in Haringey.
The MECC e-learning tool can be accessed at any time on your PC, laptop, tablet or smart phone and completed at your convenience.
MECC training learning outcomes
The MECC e-learning tool learning outcomes:
- Overview and understanding of the definition of MECC
- Awareness of the economic, organisational and personal benefits of MECC
- Understanding of the underpinning principles of MECC and MI (Motivational Interviewing) and its impact in Haringey
- Awareness of the basic health components of MECC, including messages on smoking, healthy eating, physical activity, alcohol consumption and mental health awareness
- Ability to identify points of resident contact - when and where to provide with health information, advice and guidance
- Where to signpost residents to for further support and guidance
MECC e-learning tool
A free MECC e-learning tool is available here:
Anyone can complete the training at anytime.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required