Haringey Clinical Commissioning Group is conducting a Long Term Conditions survey which aims to give patients an opportunity to share their views on the different aspects of the care they receive. Find out more on the CCG website (external link).
Public Health in Haringey
Public Health Responsibilities
Public Health is concerned with improving the overall health and well being of communities and addressing inequalities. It encompasses three broad areas of work and diverse activities:
- Health improvement: this includes programmes that work with individuals and communities to improve life styles. Examples are: support in stopping smoking, encouraging physical activity and NHS Health checks.
- Health protection: this includes protection against communicable diseases and use of legal or regulatory powers to improve health. Examples are: immunisation and vaccination against childhood diseases, cancer screening programmes and traffic calming.
- Improving Health and Social Care Quality: this incorporates the production and use of best evidence and a description of the needs of a community. It is about working with others to ensure commissioning and provision of health care is of high quality, equitable, appropriate to the needs of the population and gives good value for money. Examples include Joint Strategic Needs Assessments and design of evidence based care pathways.
Public Health works in partnership including with communities, local authority staff, clinicians and the voluntary sector to improve health and well being. This in turn has beneficial effects on society as a whole.
For more information, see:
- JSNA - Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
This is a key, statutory, document for all agencies that have a role in improving health and well-being locally. The JSNA provides the evidence and the framework for steering service developments and commissioning. It examines the factors that impact on the health and well-being of local communities, including employment, education, housing, and environmental factors as well as health and social care services
- The Annual Public Health Report
This is designed to raise awareness of key issues of concern to the public health in the local area
- Equality Impact Assessments
- Health Topics
The links in this section give up to date and relevant information on a wide variety of health topics so you can be well informed about the services available. Each topic area also directs to reputable national websites:
Active For Life | Alcohol Support | Cancer Screening | Diabetes Prevention | Drug Addiction Support | Immunisations and Vaccinations | Infectious Diseases | NHS Health Checks | Pregnancy and Birth | Sexual Health | Smoking Cessation