Advocacy Services in Haringey
Statutory advocacy services
If you think that you are entitled to, or you need an advocacy service to support you through the assessment, care planning or safeguarding processes, then please talk to your care manager or social worker, or contact the relevant teams below.
Statutory advocacy services in Haringey are provided by the following organisations:
Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA) - Voiceability
This is for people who have been assessed as lacking capacity to make a decision. When a best interests decision is being made about medical treatment or long term accommodation, the IMCA will support the person, and represent them in the decision making process.
- Voiceability website (external link)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 020 8900 2221 - Helpline Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) - PohWER
Advocacy service for people who have been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.
Care Act Advocacy - Voiceability
Social care teams in the local authority have a duty to make sure that people are fully involved in understanding and making decisions about the care and support they need. For people who will find it very hard to be fully involved in the care process, independent advocacy is available.
Health Care Complaints advocacy - PohWER
If you wish to make a complaint about treatment provided under the NHS.
- Independent Health Care Complaints advocacy (IHCAS) (external link) - POhWER
- If you would like support or to discuss your options regarding making a complaint about care or treatment provided under the NHS then please contact POhWER on:
- Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service (IHCAS) leaflet (PDF, 374 kB)
Children's Advocacy: Barnardo's
Children in care, care leavers and children in need of support and advice
Child Protection Conference Advocacy Service: Barnardo's
Special Educational Needs Information, Advice and Support Service
Support for parents of children with special needs and disabilities. Includes help with Education And Health Care Plans
If you think that you are entitled to or are needing an advocacy service to support you through the assessment, care planning or safeguarding processes, please talk to your care manager or social worker, or contact the relevant teams below:
For Adults Services
Integrated Access Team:
- Telephone: 020 8489 1400
- Email: FirstResponseTeam@haringey.gov.uk
For Children's Services
The Assessment Service:
- Telephone 020 8489 4470
General Information and Advice
Haringey Advice Partnership
- Web: Haringey Advice Partnership website (external link)
- Adviceline: 0300 330 1187
Haringey Citizen’s Advice Bureaux
- Call 0300 330 1187 for advice, Monday to Friday, 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
- Web: Haringey Citizens Advice website (external link)
Drop-in session times:
- Morning sessions: 10am to 12 noon
- Afternoon sessions: 2pm to 4pm
Important: unfortunately the CAB will only be able to see up to the first 20 clients at each session.
- Monday - Citizens Advice Haringey, 20E Waltheof Gardens, Tottenham N17 7DN
- Tuesday - Marcus Garvey Library, 1 Philip Lane, Tottenham, N15 4JA
- Thursday - Wood Green Library, 187-197A High Road, Wood Green, N22 6XD
- Friday - Hornsey Library, Haringey Park, Hornsey, N8 9JA
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required