Engagement and Consultation
- 1 February to 16 March 2018 – Wood Green Area Action Plan Public Consultation (Update, 2018)
- 14 February to 28 April 2017 - Wood Green Area Action Plan Public Consultation
- January to April 2016 - Wood Green's Future Public Consultation
- June to December 2015 - Wood Green’s Future
Ambitious plans for the transformation of Wood Green are going to a fresh round of public consultation, and we want to hear your views.
The consultation on the updated Wood Green Area Action Plan – which paves the way for 4,000 new jobs, 6,400 new homes and a thriving, prosperous town centre – will include engagement sessions, a newsletter to thousands of residents and lots of information on our website.
The draft AAP – which includes much of the Noel Park and Woodside wards, as well as smaller parts of Harringay, West Green and Alexandra wards – is a planning document that shows which locations are set to be included in our regeneration proposals, and looks to ensure these changes are well-managed, and in line with the community’s aspirations.
Updates to the AAP, based on resident feedback, include:
- The potential for a leisure option at Hornsey Filter Beds
- Two additional open spaces
- Improved cycling and walking options
- Plans that are not dependent on the arrival of Crossrail 2 to Wood Green
- The removal of homes on Caxton, Mayes, and Coburg roads from our plans. We re-assessed our plans, and believe we can still deliver our ambitious proposals without including these homes in the AAP
Engagement sessions, where officers will be on hand with information boards to explain the plans, will be held:
- Tuesday 13 February, 10.30am - 3.30pm, former Wood Green Post Office, Library Arcade
- Saturday 17 February, 12 noon - 6.30pm, former Wood Green Post Office, Library Arcade
- Wednesday 21 February, 4pm - 8pm, former Wood Green Post Office, Library Arcade
- Tuesday 27 February, 3.30pm - 7pm, Wood Green Library
To read or download a copy of the AAP document visit the dedicated Wood Green Area Action Plan web page. You will also find full information on where you can see a physical copy of the plan and how to make comments on the plan there too. All comments muct be received by 5pm on 16 March 2018.
- The Wood Green AAP Consultation (Preferred Option 2017) has now closed
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Draft Area Action Plan Consultation for Wood Green. Over the course of 10-weeks, from 14 February to 28 April 2017, we talked to you about our ‘preferred option’ Wood Green Area Action Plan (AAP). We asked for your views on the vision, objectives, and policies that will shape the future of Wood Green.
Over the course of the consultation period, we held exhibitions, ran workshops, created a consultation website and sent newsletters to over 18,000 addresses.
Over 1,000 people and organisations provided feedback on the plans for Wood Green, and more than 6,500 people viewed the consultation material either online or at events - just under a third of the total population of Wood Green.
What were the ‘hotspots’?
The draft AAP is a lengthy and detailed planning document, and sets out the proposed planning framework for the comprehensive regeneration of Wood Green. The feedback we heard was equally in-depth and covered most areas of the plans.
There were some issues that were of particular importance to local people, and this is reflected in the large number of comments that were received about them.
The topics that attracted the highest number of comments during the consultation were:
- Concern over the impact of traffic on, and improving air quality on Wightman Road and the Harringay Ladder
- Opposition to demolishing the Victorian terraced homes on Caxton, Mayes, and Coburg Roads
- The need for a new swimming pool and leisure centre in Wood Green
- The desire to see a better choice of shops, cafes and restaurants in the town centre
- Concerns about the level of new affordable housing that would be built as part of the regeneration
We have analysed all your comments individually and they will all be addressed in a consultation report. This will be taken to the council’s Cabinet and published online, along with the next draft of the AAP.
All responses to the consultation made by individuals, companies and organisations are available online.
Between February and April 2016 a consultation exercise was conducted on the future regeneration of Wood Green Town Centre in support of the production of an Area Action Plan (AAP) by Haringey Council fulfilling the statutory requirements of Regulation 18 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning)(England) Regulations 2012.
The main purpose was to gather opinions on four options showing different levels of change in Wood Green. This will then help to inform a preferred option which would be the subject of further consultation in the future.
Over 30 events and two online surveys were used to collect the views of a broad range of local residents, businesses, traders, service providers, community organisations, landowners and public bodies. These included placing a notification in the local press, making copies of the document available in council offices and in local libraries, and notifying everybody affected, as well as those on the council’s planning consultation database. In addition we ran pop-up events, door-to-door sessions, targeted meetings and workshops, with the main activity being a public drop-in exhibition at a vacant shop on Wood Green High Road.
Facts and figures
Over 23,000 flyers and letters,100 posters and banners in relevant locations in Wood Green and over 2,000 digital messages and posts were used to promote the consultation. More than 1,100 people have been engaged with over 500 forms of feedback received, including 22 written responses from public bodies and landowners.
The following four options for how Wood Green could change in the future were presented for feedback:
- Option 1: High Street Rejuvenation (PDF, 1.38MB)
- Option 2: Residential Led Town Centre (PDF, 1.46MB)
- Option 3: Widespread Redevelopment (PDF, 1.46MB)
- Option 4: Significant Transformation (PDF, 1.48MB)
Feedback from the consultation can be viewed here:
What happens next?
The feedback received from the public consultation process has been used to develop a preferred option for the redevelopment of Wood Green. This will be in the form of a draft “Preferred Option” Area Action Plan for Wood Green. This plan will undergo further public consultation in February and March 2017.
If you have any questions on the contents of the report or next steps please email email@example.com
In 2015 Soundings were appointed by Haringey to carry out community engagement to support the development of a future plan for Wood Green in 2030. The process had two stages, the first stage helped understand better people’s needs and aspirations and the second stage aimed to test objectives and explore ideas with local stakeholders and the community.
The full report is available below. Please note that some of these files are large and may take some time to download on slower internet connections:
- Read the full Wood Green's Future consultation report (PDF, 6MB).
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required