Development of the Development Management DPD
Examination and Modifications Consultation
For full details of the examination please visit the Local Plans Examination in Public page.
Post Submission Correspondence
Set out below are the Council’s Statements which have been submitted in response to the Inspector’s Matters and Issues.
- Development Management 3 Issue 1-5 (PDF, 150KB)
- Development Management 3 Issue 6-13 (PDF, 125KB)
- Development Management 3 Issue 14-15 (PDF, 90KB)
- Development Management 3 Issue16-23 (PDF, 238KB)
- Development Management LBH Employment Position Paper (PDF, 105KB)
Set out below are the Representors’ Additional Statements which have been submitted in response to the Inspector’s Matters and Issues. These are organised by Representor ID number and name, along with the policy number(s) to which the statements refer, where they have been specified by the Representor.
Statements of Common Ground
The following Statements of Common Ground have been prepared in support of the Examination.
Main Modifications Public Consultation
As part of the Examination of the Local Plan, the council sought comments on the Post-Hearing Main Modifications. The consultation ran from 18 November 2016 until 13 January 2017.
Below are the responses received to the Main Modification Consultation. These are arranged by Representor ID number and name.
View the Local Plans Examination in Public page for details of the Examination and Inspectors Report.
Pre-Submission Consultation 8 January - 4 March 2016
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Development Management Policies (PDF, 1MB) - information on this SA is also included within the non-technical summary of the four sustainability appraisals (PDF, 271KB)
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (PDF 2MB)
- Statement of Representation Procedures (PDF, 33KB)
- Evidence Base
Preferred Options version Consultation Statement Report - Appendix D (in order of policy):
- Part 1 (PDF, 196KB)
- Part 2 (PDF, 599KB)
- Part 3 (PDF, 133KB)
- Part 4 (PDF, 848KB)
- Part 5 (PDF, 920KB)
- Part 6 (PDF, 571KB)
- Part 7 (PDF, 867KB)
- Part 8 (PDF, 135KB)
|Reg 19 Publication||8 January - 4 March 2016|
|Reg 22 Submission for Secretary of State||24 May 2016|
|Hearing Sessions into the Four Local Plan documents||23 August – 8 September 2016|
|The council to send the Planning Inspector the list of modifications to be made to each Plan. The modifications are those requested by the Planning Inspector during the hearing sessions as well as those agreed by the council in response to the representations received to the pre-submission consultation.||19 October 2016|
|The Planning Inspector to agree the list of modifications.||9 November 2016|
|The council to publish the list of modifications for public consultation for a period of six weeks, including an updated Sustainability Appraisal if required.||18 November – 13 January 2017|
|The representations made to the list of modifications, and council’s response to these, to be forwarded to the Planning Inspector for her consideration. NB: All comments received will be published on the council’s website along with council’s response.||February 2017|
|The Planning Inspector to issue the reports into the Examination in Public on each of the four Local Plans.||May 2017|
|Subject to the Plan’s being found ‘sound’ by the Planning Inspector, the documents to be reported to Regulatory Committee, Cabinet and Full Council for formal adoption.||July 2017|
The "preferred option" Development Management DPD
We consulted on a "preferred options" draft Development Management DPD (PDF, 2MB) from Monday 9 February to Friday 27 March 2015.
The consultation draft addressed concerned from local people about access to housing across the borough, and the number of homes being converted into smaller flats and apartments – which has increased in the last 20 years. Residents also made clear that they are concerned about the proliferation of betting shops and takeaways in the borough, and that more should be done to protect Haringey’s heritage. It’s also important that land used for employment is protected and expanded so that there is enough space for the right type of businesses to open new buildings and create long-term jobs for residents.
Other changes in that draft of the document included new measures with the aim of:
- Providing a broader range of housing options, including new affordable housing that helps more people onto the housing ladder
- A family housing protection zone in the east, and parts of the west of the borough, to stop larger homes being converted into flats and houses of multiple occupation
- Ensuring that new developments have high-quality building design
- Introducing strict rules on basement developments to stop unsociable or ugly underground extensions
- Tackling clusters of betting shops by stopping new stores from opening if five per cent of shops in the area are already bookmakers
- Protecting Haringey’s open spaces and ensuring local people have access to them
- Protecting Haringey’s historic pubs by only allowing redevelopments when all other options to save the business have been exhausted
- Ensuring new development supports the borough’s carbon reduction targets
- Managing the consequences of development – including the risk of flooding
An interim Sustainability Appraisal (SA) report (PDF, 1MB) has been prepared alongside the Plan. Information on this SA is also included within the summary of four Interim Sustainability Appraisals (PDF, 418KB). The council has undertaken research to inform these policy documents, which form the evidence base. See the Evidence Base page to view these reports.
Previous draft Development Management DPD
In early 2013 the council consulted on an Issues & Options draft of these policies. Documents relating to this consultation, including how feedback was included in the drafting of the 2015 version is included in the Development Management Policies consultation document - March-May 2013 (PDF, 2MB) and the documents in the attached files section below.
- Consultation Statement - Issues and Options DM DPD (PDF 3,064KB)
- 2010 Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (PDF, 191KB)
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.