Highgate Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
Result of poll
Voters were asked:
Do you want London Boroughs of Haringey and Camden to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Highgate to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
|Vote cast||Number of votes cast||Percentage of valid votes cast|
|Those in favour of 'Yes'||2,078||88.0%|
|Those in favour of 'No'||283||12.0%|
|Total votes cast||2,361||-|
- The turnout was 18.2%
- The electorate has decided 'Yes'
The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:
|Reason for rejection||Number rejected|
|A: Want of official mark||0|
|B. Voting for more than one choice||2|
|C. Writing or mark by which the voter could be identified||0|
|D. Being unmarked or wholly void for uncertainty||9|
The referendum took place on Thursday 6 July 2017.
Those who were eligible to vote included all UK, EU and Commonwealth citizens who were on the electoral register for the Neighbourhood Planning Area as of Wednesday 21 June 2017.
Highgate Neighbourhood Plan documents
- Basic Conditions Statement (PDF; 1.1MB)
- Consultation Statement (PDF; 2.1MB)
- CS Appendix 1 Application to become a Neighbourhood Area from Highgate NF 1 (PDF; 101KB)
- CS Appendix 2 Early Comm Engagement (PDF; 291KB)
- CS Appendix 3 street engagement (PDF; 86KB)
- CS Appendix 4 Summary of issues during Pre Submission Consultation 2015 (PDF; 114KB)
- CS Appendix 5 Submissions from organisations January 2015 (PDF; 6.2MB)
- CS Appendix 6 Schedule of representations first Pre Submission Consultation (PDF; 278KB)
- CS Appendix 7 summary of issues during second Pre Consultation Engagement (PDF; 263KB)
- CS Appendix 8 Schedule of representations second Pre-Submission consultation (PDF; 132KB)
- CS Appendix 9 Schedule of key submissions forum responses (PDF; 199KB)
- CS Appendix 10 LBC LBH response to second Pre Submission consultation (PDF; 6.7MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (PDF; 1.3MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (non-technical summary) (PDF; 378KB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Addendum (PDF; 527KB)
- Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version) (PDF; 10.7MB)
- Examiner’s Report (PDF; 486KB)
- Representations on submission (PDF; 8MB)
- Statement of Common Ground (PDF; 869KB)
- Statement of Common Ground Appendix 1 (PDF; 112KB)
The Referendum question on which electors will vote is as follows:
Do you want the London Boroughs of Haringey and Camden to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Highgate to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
Registering to vote
If you are already on the Electoral Register for the area you do not have to do anything. If you have recently moved into or within the area you will need to register at your new address. The latest date to register to vote for this Referendum is 5pm on Wednesday 21 June 2017. Anyone wishing to register should register to vote online (external link). New Individual Electoral registration legislation became law in June 2014, meaning that anyone wishing to register to vote is now required to submit their National Insurance Number and date of birth as part of their registration application.
Anyone who is not able to supply a National Insurance Number should contact Electoral Services on 020 8489 1000 (Haringey) or 020 7974 4444 (Camden).
Existing postal vote arrangements for eligible electors within the area will apply. The last date to apply for, cancel or change a postal vote for the election is Wednesday 21 June 2017 by 5pm.
Postal vote application forms are available here: register to vote online (external link), or by contacting Electoral services on 020 8489 1000 (Haringey) or 020 7974 4444 (Camden).
Existing proxy arrangement for eligible electors within the area will apply.
The deadline for new proxy vote applications is Wednesday 28 June 2017 at 5pm.
Late applications for emergency proxy on medical grounds or employment can be submitted up to 5pm on polling day.
If you may need a proxy vote please contact the Electoral Services office on 020 8489 1000 (Haringey) or 020 7974 4444 (Camden), for more information.
The count will take place at Civic Centre, High Road, Wood Green London N22 8LE, after close of poll on 6 July 2017.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required